ant-arq: Fwd: Pierre Bourdieu

gie1@midway.uchicago.edu gie1@midway.uchicago.edu
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:17:38 -0600 (CST)

This message is in MIME format.

---MOQ101198625767b4bce94b63e22cafc1a5e7024b6572

----- Forwarded message from Anne Ch'ien <am-chien@uchicago.edu> -----
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:10:51 -0600
From: Anne Ch'ien <am-chien@uchicago.edu>
Subject: Pierre Bourdieu - more information
To: am-chien@uchicago.edu

Its official. Perhaps this would be appropriate for posting to the department?

> >From Loic Wacquant (loic@uclink4.berkeley.edu)
>
>Dear colleagues and friends:
>
>It is with a heart heavy with grief that I write to let you know that Pierre
>Bourdieu passed away last night, at the Hospital Saint-Antoine in Paris, at
>the age of 71, after a month-long bout with cancer. Until the very end, he
>worked and remained fully engaged in the craft of sociology, to which he
>has given so much over forty years. Yet, as great as his oeuvre is, for me
>andfor many who knew him it is the man, his generosity, kindness, and
>integrity, who will be missed most.
>
>He is survived by his wife Marie-Claire and their three sons Jerome,
>Emmanuel and Laurent and their families.
>If you would like to send a note of condolence or appreciation, you can
>do so at:
>Centre de Sociologie Europeenne
>College de France
>52, rue du Cardinal-Lemoine
>75231 Paris Cedex 05 France
>
>You can circulate this message to people in and out of the discipline.
>Loic
>
>Loic Wacquant
>University of California, Berkeley
>Centre de sociologie europeenne du College de France
>
>Department of Sociology
>University of California-Berkeley
>Berkeley CA 94720 USA
>fax 510/642-0659; loic@uclink4.berkeley.edu

______________________
Anne M. Ch'ien
Administrator, Graduate Program
Department of Anthropology
University of Chicago
1126 East 59th Street
Chicago, IL 60637
Phone (773) 702-8551
FAX    (773) 702-4503
E-mail:  am-chien@uchicago.edu

----- End forwarded message -----

---MOQ101198625767b4bce94b63e22cafc1a5e7024b6572

Its official. Perhaps this would be appropriate for posting to the
department? <br><br>
Loic Wacquant (loic@uclink4.berkeley.edu) <br><br>
Dear colleagues and friends: <br><br>
It is with a heart heavy with grief that I write to let you know that
Pierre <br>
Bourdieu passed away last night, at the Hospital Saint-Antoine in Paris,
at <br>
the age of 71, after a month-long bout with cancer. Until the very end,
he <br>
worked and remained fully engaged in the craft of sociology, to which he
has given so much over forty years. Yet, as great as his oeuvre is, for
me andfor many who knew him it is the man, his generosity, kindness, and
integrity, who will be missed most. <br><br>
He is survived by his wife Marie-Claire and their three sons Jerome,
Emmanuel and Laurent and their families. <br>
If you would like to send a note of condolence or appreciation, you can
do so at: <br>
Centre de Sociologie Europeenne <br>
College de France <br>
52, rue du Cardinal-Lemoine <br>
75231 Paris Cedex 05 France <br><br>
You can circulate this message to people in and out of the discipline.
Loic <br><br>
Loic Wacquant <br>
University of California, Berkeley <br>
Centre de sociologie europeenne du College de France <br><br>
Department of Sociology <br>
University of California-Berkeley <br>
Berkeley CA 94720 USA <br>
fax 510/642-0659; loic@uclink4.berkeley.edu <br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
______________________<br>
Anne M. Ch'ien<br>
Administrator, Graduate Program<br>
Department of Anthropology<br>
University of Chicago<br>
1126 East 59th Street<br>
Chicago, IL 60637<br>
Phone (773) 702-8551<br>
FAX&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (773) 702-4503<br>
E-mail:&nbsp; am-chien@uchicago.edu<br><br>

---MOQ101198625767b4bce94b63e22cafc1a5e7024b6572--